Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Wishful thinking

I've heard you say it before
"What I wouldn't give..."
for something, anything
that you found important

I wonder what you'd do
if that wish could possibly come true
What would you exchange
for the happiness you seek?

I wonder what you'd sacrifice
and how you'd pay the price?
For that defining moment in time;
would that complete your life?

Is there anything so important
that you'd give up part of yourself?
Something so significant
it's above everything else?

I know I cannot do it
it's not the way I live
spending my life saying
"What I wouldn't give...."

I choose to live and dream
instead of wish

2 comments:

TotalChaos said...

I have done that once, giving up something, that was hard to give up, but asking in return that I could live, rather than die at 49 years.

DayDreamer said...

DJB,
This was written more in the vein of someone being very selfish, who constantly sees wants the next, the best, the newest or the shiniest.