Thursday, June 18, 2020

another


another day, another chance
for the promise
of freedom
to be fulfilled
for this terrifying life
to be more relaxed
it's
out of my control

another second, another number
and I would have won
something
to help me escape
the inescapable
nature of genetics

another breath, another job interview
passed up, too much pigment
too little in common
things could be different
and I could breath again
if we were all blind

another hue, another tone
another wish to be accepted
the same as you
to live
without fear
of walking down the street
or driving without getting stopped
or dying
from
overreaction
brutality justified
by stereotypical ideals
rescind, rescind the nonsense
of yesterday’s slant
it's not the same anymore

another slur, another struggle
to make ends meet
without resistance
from you
powerless
raise my fist
offending you even more
raise yours with me

solidarity

but your fist is only
raised
in anger
another beating, another beat down
on the wrong side of a taser, or gun
another wrong, that was righted
whitewashed
by the media

another breakdown, another meltdown
the load so heavy
for being me, speaking the way I speak
and my personal truth
lies to you
still truth
unheard

another heart heavy, another heart

angry

injustice

prejudice

segregation

blurred lines of equality

rarely equal

the playing field tilts


guerrilla tactics are
never
the right answer
(until they are)

to the terrible question

no one wants to ask

because the answer

this world is not ready

for the answer

another heartbreak, another slander

another day in the life

of me

and sadly

you



I'm another
just another
in a sad line of many
others
another caged free man
woman, child
landlocked in captivity
for all to see
with all the rights
of another no one

No comments: