Saturday, March 4, 2006

bastard, now

this blanket of discontent that warms me
will someday suffocate me,
the unwanted embrace of death follows me

i search for the truth elswhere
beyond the invisible, undeniable and plausable
i seek answers to idiotic questions,

they're my queries and they concern me
don't tell me what you think, i don't care
about your self delusional opinion

if i cared, i'd take my own interests into consideration
just let me continue my quest
stop wasting my time with your nonsense

i stopped asking you a long time ago
i was tired of non-answers, lies and fabrications
the multitude of which broke my heart

and tore me from this place
of contentment and warmth
and belief

into the storm of denial, rage and insecurity
my only treasure, my last possesion
this blanket of discontent that warms me

5 comments:

Oliviah said...

Funny how someone can relate to a poem so deeply and not know specifically what you were thinking of when you wrote it. Yet here am I, relating. Nice work.

DINK said...

I AGREE WITH OLIVIAH,AND YOUR WORK IS BREATHTAKING!

TotalChaos said...

For some reason, I keep coming back to this, but I just can't seem to break it down, into understandable bits. My own boneheadedness I suppose.

DayDreamer said...

Daddyjarbucks,
it's just a vicous cycle with no escape.

Oliviah said...

Out of everything I've seen that you have posted, this one really gripped me the most. I had to come back & read it again.