Friday, January 8, 2021

melting into oblivion

 it shouldn't be so difficult

anymore

I shouldn't have to fight back tears

anymore

it shouldn't be so bleak

some days

I shouldn't have to fight back screams

or tears of rage


I tried to do everything right

maybe not everything

I tried to do most things right

and got burned

forgave the unforgivable

and crushed my soul


I didn't have all the answers

I still don't

I didn't have any courage

I have some

I didn't have the strength

weakness still

I didn't have the will

to just walk away


I shouldn't feel so lonely

with you by my side

I shouldn't feel so desperate

maybe it's my lack of pride

I shouldn't feel it'd be better

if maybe I'd died

I shouldn't have to relive

every single lie


and when the tears stop

and the rage subsides

and the sadness eases

and memories hide


I can face

another day

of melting into

oblivion


in your eyes


No comments: