Saturday, December 12, 2020

the truth

 I've written posts

to add to a total

I've written posts

To create some kind of invisible boundary

between being good enough, or read enough

and being good enough, in actuality


I've written posts

so I can surpass previous years

So I can reach a new high


But no one reads them anymore


I've written posts

For an unseen audience

of many

of few

of one

of

me


I've written for you

whoever you are

How is that possible? 


I've written for me

I have


but that means nothing to you

the reader


I want

you 

to take my words 

and find meaning in

yourself

to open a layer

maybe undiscovered

maybe familiar

and feel

something


maybe you feel nothing

Maybe my words drop

like rain

hitting the ground

puddling, making life messy


they still mean

something



to 


me


No comments: