Thursday, July 9, 2020

...lies in disguise

There were dreams
and streams
consciousness
unaware
uncaring

unfiltered
undiscovered

so many
um, un

There is nothing
but the feeling

failure
failure
failure

reinforced
daily

so much music in me
unplayable
so much poetry
undecipherable    

so much
love
unrequited

unrequited

the daily toil
the earthen soil
that will cover

all of us
none of us
the select few

breathe
breath
breadth

aw man, shut the fuck up
whining crying crazy motherfucker

like the joker
it's a joke you wouldn't get
it's a fucking joke

I'm fighting
fighting
fighting

for my life here
stop laughing at me!

stop! 

I counted on you
I counted
I don't count

the numbers down add up
the numbers don't lie
the numbers

die

the only thing that can stop me
is me
or random circumstance

miracles are lies
in disguise
the endless lies

hope is for the hopeless
and dreams are for dreamers

but what about me?





No comments: