Sunday, March 9, 2008

March...like a lion

March has roared into my life again
and it's toting along several projects
like the bathroom remodel
and the cleaning of the family room
and garage
don't forget the messy shed
and what about the new workbench I need?

and we have a new puppy....

when do I have time to write?
or create music?
or paint?
It's been far too long since I painted
or created a song
or a piece of poetry

I sometimes feel like I'm going to miss something
like a poem (or song, or painting) will somehow escape me
and it will be lost forever
because I didn't sit down and just do it

we gotta eat (and I love to cook)
and the bathroom needs to get finished
like everything else
and did I mention the puppy?

I'm sure I'll figure it all out, get it all completed

a few precious words may slip through the cracks
I'll find those treasures another day
like an archeologist unearthing a precious relic
that only I will restore

I hope

if I have time


There's always April
(can't do much in those darn showers)


Revisiting the past: Bastard, now

No comments: